Forensic Art as an Aid to the Private Investigator
In 1987, the Bexar County Forensic Science Center contracted Betsy James Cooper’s services to assist in the identification of their John Doe cases.
Over the years Cooper has performed a variety of art services to aid in the apprehension of criminal offenders. Some of these services include composite drawings, 2-D & 3-D facial reconstructions, and age progressions of wanted fugitives and image enhancement. Cooper’s artwork has been featured on ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX networks. She has worked with “Unsolved Mysteries” and her cases have been featured on “America’s Most Wanted” and the “Oprah Winfrey Show.”
Today Cooper’s services are utilized as an aid to the Investigator in the following manner:
- Locating Missing Persons
- Identifying Skeletal Remains
- To Recognize and Identify Suspects
- Conviction of Criminal Offenders
- Post Mortem Image Enhancement for Identification Purposes
- Creating Age Progressions to Locate Fugitives and Missing Persons
A picture is worth a thousand words!